Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Pumpkin Pie

In an effort to keep my readers interested and believing that I really am opening a bakery, I present to you our first real creation known as "The Pumpkin Pie" cupcake.



Please accept my apologies on my iPhone's not-so-perfect photo taking skills; it's not the greatest of pictures, but when you're just getting started, there isn't much funding in the way of a camera. I assure you that a better picture will arrive once I get my hands on a better camera. Hello, Christmas wish list!

When you think of pumpkin pie, you don't always think of cream cheese frosting. This test has a can of Reddy Whipped Cream on it (I know, don't be hard on me...I've already ordered this). To add texture, I chopped up some candied pecans and sprinkled them over the cupcake. Voila!

One more test - what did the inside look like?


Not too bad if I say so myself. Dense, of course. But soft and moist and with no aftertaste or burning desire to suck on Tums, this cupcake passed the test. The remaining 8 cupcakes (we had to taste several times to be sure they were good...) are in my freezer going through the 'freezer test'. With the short shelf life of gluten free baked goods, it's important that they stay just as yummy as the day you bought them up to at least 2 weeks after purchase.

And with that, we have our first cupcake. This cupcake will only be available October 1st through Thanksgiving, and is one of my first samples to be tested by my team on November 10th. Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment